“It's a win-win situation - The best of both worlds” ~ Gyles Randall
We’ve all heard the saying, "It doesn’t have to be perfect, you just have to get it going."
We recently shared the story of Dorothy whose quote was, "Ready. Fire. Aim." when it came to launching her membership site. In other words, what Dorothy did was to move forward and adjust as she went along.
GJ was born with a similar perspective and process in mind. We created the 30-Day GJ Experience after a few future-membership-site-owners fell in love with Janelle’s membership site. After requests to coach and guide them on how they could have a site that looks and functions like Janelle's, we put together a plan.
First we figured that an intensive workshop format was the best way to help them build and customize their membership site with a template. We launched the 30-Day GJ Experience with one template, two intensive workshops, four support calls - each one week apart, and a celebration party at the end of 30 days.
30 days later - Yay, our first three graduates showed up at a party and showcased their sites!
What a great feeling!
It was fun and we were ready to open the doors again and help more entrepreneurs.
The next session of the 30-Day GJ Experience came with a bigger group and two more templates available for them to choose from. That’s when we realized that in order to grow and serve our Experiencers better, we needed to make adjustments to the way we delivered our content. The two intensive workshops, given live via Zoom, proved to be challenging with a big group.
The first iteration was made. Insert the 30-Day GJ Experience, 2.0. This version was delivered live, daily, via a 30-minute Zoom call. It was a tag-along format in which we ourselves took our newly created fourth template and customized it live through the 30 days just as the Experiencers would be.
Small bites at a time, easy for our “Experiencers” to follow along and implement, it worked great. And was an improvement from the intensive workshops.
One caveat with this experience - we couldn’t offer multiple templates and guide everyone through various templates, with a follow-along format, all at the same time.
With our gallery of templates growing, and a desire to serve a much bigger audience, we needed to rethink our 30-Day Experience once more.
How could we keep the 30-Day format, the easy-to-follow small bites, allow people to choose any of our templates, and still serve them well - all at once?
Here comes the 30-Day GJ Experience 3.0: A brand new experience crafted to bring results.
What changes did we do to enhance the experience?
We kept the small 30-minute bite sized sessions and packaged them into pre-recorded content.
However, this simple modification enhances the entire experience.
- All of our templates have their own specific follow-along content delivered in 30-minute sessions
- Our Experiencers get access to their template specific content vs. a mixture of content applicable for their template and all the other templates
- The sessions are given one a day, for 30 days
- AND they still get the once-a-week live support calls with us
This simple change makes a huge difference!
- From the Experiencers’ perspective, they get template-specific content and move forward with small bites at a time. They also get the option to rewatch the video as many times as they want, and work on their site at their own leisure every day without having to commit to a specific time to attend a live session. It takes our core GJ Template principle, which is to remove the tech overwhelm, and makes it even easier. They get to the finish line “The GJ Touchdown,” yes that’s how we call the celebration party, without stress, and a lot more fun.
- From our point-of-view, we can now help and serve an unlimited number of membership site owners at the same time and give them all the same attention they need and deserve. We can now do this in a way that is completely manageable, without stress and more fun also.
It’s a win-win.
Here’s our big lesson learned with our 30-Day GJ Experience 3.0:
Get your business going, keep what works and adjust what needs to be improved. And remember, you can only do this, and move forward, if you actually get it off the starting blocks.